Saturday 15 November 2008


I thought I'd kick off this blog with one of my favourite views: its taken from the library window in the Abbey on the island of Iona.

The title for the blog, 'Gathered and Scattered' is taken from the liturgy of the Iona Community, http://www.iona.org.uk/ a dispersed group of Christians living by a Common Rule. The members of the Community and the Island itself have played a significant part in my life in the last ten years ... after all, it was there I met the woman who became my wife and then I spent over four years of my life writing a theology PhD that drew heavily on the work and worship of The Community.

Anyway, even though I have a wonderful view across the local park from my home computer, this is often my electronic wallpaper ... somehow I see life the better for it.


















3 comments:

Simon Woodman said...

Gathered and Scattered. I like it... Although I think Qohelet got there first!

Neil said...

Welcome to blogsphere. I look forward to reading.

Glen Marshall said...

Welcome Craig