Monday 1 December 2008

Putting the wanting back into waiting


Yesterday saw the beginning of Advent ... at last I can start thinking about getting ready for Christmas.


In this same week my new credit card arrived ... (new card, but same old number and sadly the same old balance) but it put me in mind of the old advertising slogan ...
'taking the waiting out of wanting.'
This Advent I want to try and turn all that on its head a bit ...
I want to put the wanting back into the waiting ... as I wait ... as God calls on us all to wait and watch and pray and get ready for his coming into the world ... I want to put God's wanting back into the next four weeks ...
what is heaven's desire for my here and now ...
and do I want it as much as God does?
inevitably the answer to that question is no,
but who knows what I might learn in the asking?

ps Check out the daily advent reflections on hopeful imagination

No comments: