Saturday 21 March 2009

Yes, yes, yes and hallelujah, yes.

Yes, yes, yes and hallelujah, yes.
Basically I won't be allowing myself to say this in church tomorrow and quite right too. It would be somewhat pastorally insensitive to a Cardiff congregation within 1 mile of the Millennium Stadium, and on any other day, against any other team, I would've prayed for Wales and for that last minute penalty to go the distance:
I love my adopted home here in Wales and I love its people
But it's hard to shake to soil from off the boots you wore when you were young
so forgive me if i say it once again:
Yes, yes, yes and hallelujah, yes, amen.

2 comments:

simon said...

As an Englishman, I had tears in my eyes as Ronan O'Gara's drop goal went over. It was so like Jonny's in the world cup! It was so deserved, however. The Irish, led by Brian O'Driscoll, have played some of the best rugby of this year's tournament. But more than that, they have functioned so well as a team, each player supporting the strengths and helping overcome the weaknesses of their team mates. It's been good to watch.

Louise Polhill said...

Don't forget, no matter how you dress her, your daughter is WELSH! Remember the fear you felt that she might be born in that 'other'(*shudder*)place and be grateful!