Thursday 9 July 2009

IRON AND WINE


Thanks to the 6 points of separation / connection of the internet and by the grace of Spotify I have just discovered Samuel Beam and the band Iron and Wine: apologies to those of who you have been listening to this great music for years, (why did you not tell me). But for those of you who like your music whisperingly intimate and flip-your-soul insightful (and with the optional extra of your singers extra hairy) Beam's album Around the Well is the new favourite on my ipod ... until i get the full set of his CD's in the post.


2 comments:

Louise Polhill said...

I love Iron and Wine! A friend at work got me into them 2/3 years ago. 'The Creek Drank the Cradle' is good, but my favourite is 'Our Endless Numbered Days' - it's lush! I may have mentioned them, but I never had a hard copy I could lend you sorry :)

Louise Polhill said...

By the way, what did you think of Ben Harper in the end? Have you listened to Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama 'There Will be Light'?
'Diamonds on the Inside' is also cracking.