Friday 6 November 2009

I don't beleive it ... Carol Singers!



Yes folks it happened here last night ... I came home from a church meeting at about 10:30 and as my wife had an early flight this morning I decided to get ready for a relatively early night ... whereupon at 10:47 pm the door bell rang, the knocker was knocked, and fearing some pastoral emergency I rushed down stairs to be greeted by two young women serenading me with Silent Night. I told them that it was not a silent night and that their approximation at carol singing was exactly the reason why but if they would remove themselves from my doorstep I would indeed retire for said nocturnal season free of external cacophony. (Well it was words to that effect).

But really carol singing, at that time of night and Guy Fawkes hardly turned to a crisp.
Its enough to make you go 'bah humbug'.
On which tangential note
my copy of the Atheist's Guide to Christmas has just arrived.
Always good to know what other folks are thinking

1 comment:

Louise Polhill said...

They say... "be careful what you ask for"...

I recall, it must have been less than two hours before your doorbell rang that you were asking the church meeting for committed carol singers!

[I should point out to everyone that I was NOT one of the singers last night!]